Install or Update the Mobile App
Follow the instructions below when installing or updating the VAS Platform mobile app. If you're already using the mobile app, see the image to the right for help locating which version you are currently using.
Review the minimum requirements below before installing the VAS Platform mobile app on iOS and Android devices.
iPhone (or iPad by using it with zoom mode):
- iOS: Version 10 or later
- Device Model: iPhone 5 or later (including the iPhone X)
- Storage*: 27.4 MB + additional space to store synchronized Platform data
- Android: Version 5 (Lollipop) or later
- Screen Size: 4.5 inches or larger
- DPI: 240 or better
- Storage*: 23.3 MB + additional space to store synchronized Platform data
The VAS Platform mobile app offers many of the same features as the web version and can be used on Android and Apple iOS devices. See Minimum Requirements to determine whether your device is compatible the VAS Platform mobile app.
Once you install the app from Google Play or the App Store, you can set your device to download and install future updates automatically. To update the app manually, see Update the Mobile App.
Follow these steps to start using the mobile app:
- Download and install the app:
- Launch the app and log in with your VAS Platform username and password.
If you have not yet created your VAS Platform user account, tap the button labeled New to VAS Platform? Sign Up (see Sign Up to Use the VAS Platform for help). Complete the sign-up process, then log in to the app, and proceed to the next step.
- You will next be prompted to set a 4‑digit PIN number and then verify it. After this first login, you will only need to enter this PIN each time you open the mobile app.
- Upon successful login, you will be directed to your VAS Platform user landing page, which has two tabs at the top. Use the My Dairies tab to choose a dairy and begin viewing data. Or use the Find a Dairy tab to search for and connect to a new dairy:
- When you select a dairy, you will then see the dairy's home screen. Tap the Search for an Animal button to get started. See Using the Mobile App for more information.
To check which version of the VAS Platform mobile app you are using, tap the User Account button at the top right of the page to open your account page. The current mobile app version number is displayed at the bottom of the page.
Note that the current version number may not be the same between the web version of the Platform, the Android app, and the iOS app. This happens because VAS updates each version as necessary to introduce new features and provide bug fixes. Check the Release Notes to find the latest version number.
The most recent release of the VAS Platform mobile app is always available in the app store. If your device does not have the most current version, please visit the app store and update it from there:
Last Built: May 20, 2020