The XIDXID is short for "Change ID", as in changing an animal's ID number. event (ECEvent code 18) allows you to change an animal's IDAnimal identifier number. See the topics below for help with this event:
- Define Details for this Event
- What Happens When I Process Changes for this Event?
- Need help adding animals to this event?
The details that are available for an XID event are described below. Before you can process an animal in this event, you must complete all Required details:
The current ID of the animal that requires the ID change. This field is automatically populated with the animal ID when you add it to the list. You can tap the animal's ID number to view its CowCard.
The technician who added the animal to this event. Tap this field to select from a list of available technicians.
The names and numbers in the TechnicianTech is short for Technician. list come from the Technician Table in DairyComp. This table is optional in DairyComp, so if you do not see any names here in the mobile app, you need to make sure that a DairyComp admin has created this table so that it can synchronize to the Platform. Once it has been created, a code number and name can be assigned to each technician, and members with DairyComp admin permissions can add and remove technician names as necessary. The mobile app requires an active data or WiFi connection to synchronize updates.
When DairyComp receives the updates, it records an XID event for each completed animal and updates each animal to its new ID number. It records the EDAYEvent day as the date the event was completed in the mobile app.
See Processing Your Changes for more information on how the mobile app, the Platform, and DairyComp work together to process your changes.
- If you have not entered the new ID for an animal in this event, the app will not include that animal when it sends the batch XID event updates back to DairyComp.
- Any incomplete animals will remain visible in the mobile app XID event until you either remove them from the list or finish defining their details and process the changes again.
See also Details Required to Process Animals in an Event for examples of how the mobile app displays complete vs incomplete animals.
See the following topics:
- Create a New Event or Edit an Existing One
- Save Time when Adding Animals in Bulk
- Details Required to Process Animals in an Event
- Remove an Animal from an Event
Last Built: September 18, 2019