The OK event (ECEvent code 2) allows you to confirm an animal's current status, typically based on a vet's diagnosis. For example:
- If you are checking an animal that is in the RPROReproductive code status FRESH, you can enter an OK event to change her RPRO status to OK/OPEN and remove her from the list of animals to confirm as FRESH.
- If you are checking animals on the vetlist for a PREGPregnant confirmation (CONFConfirmation) or reconfirmation (RCONReconfirmation, P2, P3), you can enter an OK event to confirm that an animal is still pregnant. In this case, the completed OK event will then remove her from the list of animals to confirm as pregnant.
- If DC305DairyComp305 - VAS Dairy Management Software indicates that an animal may be ABT?ABT? is the code for "Abort?" Often if a dairy sees a pregnant animal showing signs of heat they may breed her. When this breeding is entered in DairyComp the animal remains pregnant, but this flag is set so that the veterinarian can determine if she is still pregnant to the original breeding or if she has aborted and should be updated to another "bred status.", the OK event can be used to mark her as still pregnant.
See the topics below for help with this event:
- Define Details for this Event
- What Happens When I Process Changes for this Event?
- Need Help Adding Animals to this Event?
The details that are available for an OK event are described below. The animal IDAnimal identifier is the only field that is Required to process an animal in this event:
The ID of the animal whose status is being checked. This field is automatically populated with the animal ID when you add it to the list. You can tap the animal's ID number to view its CowCard.
The technician who added the animal to this event. Tap this field to select from a list of available technicians.
The names and numbers in the TechnicianTech is short for Technician. list come from the Technician Table in DairyComp. This table is optional in DairyComp, so if you do not see any names here in the mobile app, you need to make sure that a DairyComp admin has created this table so that it can synchronize to the Platform. Once it has been created, a code number and name can be assigned to each technician, and members with DairyComp admin permissions can add and remove technician names as necessary. The mobile app requires an active data or WiFi connection to synchronize updates.
The Remark field allows you to type any notes that you would like to include about this animal when adding it to the event. The remark you enter here will be included as additional information in the animal's record.
Note that you will only see this option in the mobile event when REMRemark or comment is included as a condition in the DairyComp command that the Platform uses to create the event.
When DairyComp receives the updates, it records an OK event for each completed animal to confirm that it has been checked. It records the EDAYEvent day as the date the event was completed in the mobile app.
See Processing Your Changes for more information on how the mobile app, the Platform, and DairyComp work together to process your changes.
See the following topics:
- Create a New Event or Edit an Existing One
- Save Time when Adding Animals in Bulk
- Details Required to Process Animals in an Event
- Remove an Animal from an Event
Last Built: September 18, 2019