Events with Protocols
Some events allow you to select a treatment protocol, such as drugs to be administered or treatments that should be applied to the animal's hooves or udder. The Platform works together with DairyComp and CowCare to include all of your dairy's configured protocols when entering these events in the mobile app.
Follow these guidelines when entering events with protocols:
- If you are entering an event that includes protocols, you will see the Protocol field as an option for each animal in the event:
- Tap the Protocol field to view the available protocols.
Note that the mobile app filters the list of protocols based on the event you are entering, as well as the type of animal you selected (heifer or adult). Some protocols are available only for heifers, some for adults, and some are available for both.
For each protocol, the app displays the corresponding Milk and Meat withholdings. It also displays the remark that will be auto-filled for this animal when you choose this protocol, as well as the pen to which animals on this protocol should be moved:
- If a protocol requires that you choose which hoof or quarter of the udder is affected, it will display a small arrow (see example above). In this case, select one of the following options, and then tap Done at the top right of the page:
- LF - Left Front hoof or teat
- RF - Right Front hoof or teat
- LH - Left Hind hoof or teat
- RH - Right Hind hoof or teat
- After you finish selecting the protocol and defining any required hoof or udder options, the app updates the event to display your chosen protocol (see example below).
If the event requires a pen move for this protocol, it updates the Enter Pen # field. You cannot edit the new pen assignment for this animal because the protocol defines the required pen.
The app also auto‑fills the Remark field based on the protocol you selected. You can edit the remark further after the app inserts it.
To learn more about a specific protocol, you can log into the web version of the Platform and view the Treatment Protocols list.
Last Built: December 04, 2019