Pen Details and Animal List
The Platform Pens list allows you to view each pen's details and a list of animals in that pen. If you're using the Pens table view, click the pen number to view its details. If you're using the Pens card view, click the Details link at the top right of the pen's card to view its details:
As shown in the example below, the top of the page summarizes the pen Type, Animal Count/Capacity, Feeding Count, Target DM/HDDry Matter per Head, and the Cost/HD (all of which are defined in the Pens List topic). It also defines which Recipe feeds this pen, and lets you view its details by clicking on the link. The ZoneThe term "Zone" represents different dairy locations. Platform Zones may be different physical dairy locations (for example, multiple locations across the state or country) or different user-defined locations within a single dairy site (for example, Pens 1-100 are Zone 1, Pens 101-200 are Zone 2, etc.). and Premise IDIdentifier where the pen is located are also displayed:
The rest of the page displays a list of all animals that are currently in this pen:
- You can click the column titles to sort the list by Animal ID, Lactation (LACTLactation number), or Reproductive Code (RPROReproductive code).
- The top of the list begins in the first table and continues left to right across the other tables on the page.
- Use the View option at the bottom right of the page to display more or fewer animals per table, and use the navigation options to view other pages in the list.
- Click on any animal ID to view its details in a side panel.Tell me more!
Clicking on an animal's ID in the Animal List opens a side panel with details about the animal.
The side panel allows you to quickly view an overview of key information about the animal without leaving the Animal List:
- Basic CowCard information appears near the top of the panel (animal status, lactation number, age, etc.)
- Click the Go To CowCard link to view the animal's full CowCard.
- Indicators for milk withhold and meat withhold appear at the top of the side panel. Mouse over these indicators to view their status.
- The most recent Events for the animal appear at the bottom half of the side panel. To go to the animal's CowCard Events tab, click the Go To Events Page link.
Once a side panel is open, you can use the left and right arrow keys on your keyboard to step through side panels for the next/previous animals in the list. To close the side panel, click the X button in the top-right corner or press the Esc key.
- Use the breadcrumbs link at the top left of the page to easily return to the Pens list.
Last Built: May 20, 2020